A poll of homeowners shows that you will likely call a plumber once every three years for your residence. There are a variety of different types of plumbing problems. We are often asked “is this a common problem?”. Although we handle every sort of plumbing job you can imagine, there are several that we see week after week. These are the ones we commonly get when responding to homes in Cecil County.
- Dripping faucets
- Let’s face it, we’ve all had a dripping faucet in our home and have probably ignored it for a while! That dripping faucet not only wastes water, it wastes money on your water bill.
- Leaky Pipes
- We see a majority of our leaking pipes during the cold winter months, it’s also very common year-round! Most pipes begin to leak near the joints. Keep an eye out for wet spots on the ground or ceiling to catch this issue early. Water damage to your home can be quite costly, so leaky pipes are a necessity to fix right away!
- Running toilets
- Did you know that a running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons per day? That’s a lot of water waste!
- Low water pressure
- A lot of older homes experience low water pressure, and make up most of our calls in this area? It could be time for a new shower head or you might have a hidden leak in your home. However, those are just a few of the many reasons for low water pressure. You should consult with a professional plumber to investigate for larger issues.
- Slow or clogged drains
- Our expert technicians warn customers to stay away from any type of over-the-counter drain cleaner! Instead, give us a call to clear the slow or clogged drain. In the meantime, follow these maintenance tips to keep your drains moving smoothly.
- Water heater
- You wake up in the morning and step into the shower to feel cold water on your body. Oh the misery, especially in the middle of winter. The average life of a water heater can be anywhere from eight to 12 years.
This is just a short list of the common problems we find in the commercial and residential plumbing jobs. At Elkton Plumbing we happily respond to your routine and emergency plumbing needs.